So, funny how this small project of mine called school has taken over my life. I have a few blog posts in the works, but I have been noticing how quiet Bloody Show has been lately. It makes me a little sad. So until I get a few moments to finish the posts I have started, here’s a little light reading for the meantime. Over at The Unecessarean, there’s a lively discussion going on:
- Start with Mai’a William’s guest post about the necessity of making conversations about race and active anti-racism at the center of our birth work.
- Jill followed this up with a slide show titled Racism and Low Birth Weight 101.
- After that, if you’re still hungry for more, keep reading this post over at Mom’s Tinfoil Hat on this conversation at Alas a Blog.
- I’m sad I missed the recent blog carnival on Midwifery and Racism hosted by the Navelgazing Midwife but go check it out. Unfortunately, I think the poor turnout is due to a lot of factors mentioned by Mai’a in the post I linked to above.
- Finally, if you want a peek into some recent frustrations in my life, check out this post on a recent conversation (by which I mean outright brawl) on the MANA student discussion group as outlined by the Becoming Midwives blog.